Sunday, July 21, 2013

In the Future

Well, a little over a year past my five week backpacking journey through Europe, I've decided I'm more than ready to take another adventure. Of course the damper being that I'm now going to be starting a new job (a good thing overall, but it will slightly impede my availability).

I've decided that I want to spend some time in Germany (perhaps Denmark, and if at all possible, make my way back to Italy for a few days). I had originally planned to go to Germany on my last trip but it unfortunately time and location simply did not allow for it.

As it would happen, I could potentially go on my trip next year with the vacation I would accrue at my new job, but since I'm going to have a family wedding which will suck up plenty of vacation and money, my trip is going to be pushed to the spring of 2015. Just under two years from now. Plenty of time for me to plan and save.

I'm hoping perhaps to also take a mini vacation next fall to Boston. I'll have to wait and see on that though. Overall, I'm finding that having a stable job is going to be an asset and I can plan, save, and design my trips more easily.

I have to say I'm excited! I've been feeling a bit lately that I've lost some of my gusto, but with having decided on the perspective trips in my future, I've felt as if I've rekindled a flame within. It's made me realize how important it is to do things you love to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment