Thursday, September 20, 2012

Decisions

Lately I've been feeling there is more I should be doing with my life. Things I should do because eventually the opportunities to do so will have come and gone.

I'm thinking about going to South Korea to teach English for a year. I won't make any final decisions until about one year from now. I want make absolutely positive it's what I want to do. If I'm right, doing so would not only let me experience life in a completely different culture, but allow me to pay off all of my student loans and come back with a clean slate. Also, after my year was up, I think with just a small amount of my left over money, I'd live in India for a couple of months. As a whole the idea, sounds grand, but as I know from a 5 week backpacking journey around Europe, I'd miss home and the people I know, I'd miss events in the peoples' whose lives I cherish.

As my mom always tells me, "You can have anything you want; you can't have everything you want."

I wish someone could tell me what I want the most. What would be worth more to me. Decisions are so hard when it means giving up and compromising a piece of yourself no matter what you choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment